A recent CNN article talks about the real dangers of climate change. In simpler terms what I read about was climate change might go as follows:
- It starts getting real hot outside all the time.
- Billions of pieces of black dirt is just floating in the sky keeping in more sunlight heat on the earth.
- This black dirt, also known as carbon, just sits in the sky . . . adding up.
- The floating black dirt is a mirror you can’t see, but still traps sunlight in. Heating things up.
- At the bottom of the ocean, you have frozen methane.
- If it gets too hot from the black dirt, this frozen methane becomes the general methane.
- General methane gets in the air. Millions of pieces of it.
- More airborne methane makes the air hotter. That takes us back to point #6.
- People experience greater heat, more methane, and a destroyed living space.
What should be done about this? Habits should change that cause the accumulation of carbon. At the same time, it may make a tremendous amount of sense to harvest methane hydrates to create alternative hydrogen fuel for electric vehicles. Harvesting methane hydrates as an industry to expand other industries could solve several problems in one go.